One of the most popular options for cosmetic dentistry today is dental veneers, which can enhance both the quality and appearance of your smile to give you the smile you want.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are cosmetic tooth-shaped shells made of dental porcelain that cover the faces of front teeth to enhance their appearance and strength while still making them appear natural. You may benefit from dental veneers if you have discolored, damaged or misshapen teeth. Below you can review the pros and cons of dental veneers to determine if these are the best cosmetic dental option for your smile.
Dental Veneer Pros
– Discolored or chipped teeth can be enhanced and whitened with dental veneers to offer you a more a beautiful smile.
– The process to place a dental veneer can often be completed in just two visits as a very simple procedure that typically doesn’t call for the use of anesthesia.
– Teeth that receive dental veneers can be protected and strengthened since the material used acts as an extra, durable layer for the tooth enamel.
– Receiving dental veneers can bring immediate and long-lasting benefits by providing results right away that can last 20 years before repairs and replacements are needed.
– At Pooley Dentistry, we use a dental porcelain that look like your natural teeth to provide an authentic appearance that is also beautiful and stain resistant to improve your smile.
Dental Veneer Cons
– Of the cosmetic dental procedures available, dental veneers are typically not the least expensive, though their lifespan can make them an excellent investment for your smile.
– You need to be committed to receiving dental veneers since the procedure cannot be reversed later on if you change your mind about your treatment.
– You may experience mild tooth sensitivity when you eat or drink something cold or hot since dental veneers require the removal of some tooth enamel in order to fit on your teeth.
– Only teeth that are healthy can receive dental veneers, so your smile needs to be free of tooth decay and gum disease.
To learn more about dental veneers in Loves Park, Illinois, contact our office at 815-968-5434 today to schedule an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Steven Pooley.