The key a great smile consists of a variety of factors, and none may be more important than cleaning and caring for your teeth and gums. Excellent oral hygiene will not fix alignment issues with your mouth, but it will ensure your smile is healthy and strong and able to serve you well in its many varied uses. One excellent way to keep your great smile is through excellent dental floss habits. The better your dental flossing habits are, the greater the likelihood you will have of oral health care success.
To improve your smile with better dental floss techniques, we would like to share some common examples:
– Never use random materials for dental floss. Only use floss or interdental cleaners recommended by your dentist.
– Choose dental floss that has the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Prevent damage to your teeth and gums by flossing softly and safely.
– When flossing, use a piece between 16-20 inches in length. Move to a different section of thread for each tooth. Use a gentle motion to move to or from each tooth.
– Don’t forget to floss between every single tooth and behind your back teeth.
– Always floss at least once per day.
– Avoid using floss that can easily tear or fray.
– Be sure to visit your dentist at Pooley Dentistry for your professional cleanings as scheduled.
To book an oral exam with Dr. Steven Pooley, you can schedule your visit by calling us at 815-968-5434 to speak to a member of our team. Our office is located in Loves Park, Illinois. We look forward to crafting the smile of your dreams!