Have you ever wished there was a treatment that could be used to add an additional layer of protection to your teeth, sort of like a shield would do? If so, there is such a treatment. Dental sealants are preventative treatments that can fully prepare your teeth for the ravages of cavities and act as another buffer stronger than your own tooth enamel.
To keep your oral health care at its best, consider the following benefits of dental sealants:
– Around the age of 6, a child’s first molar begins to appear above the gum line. At this time, sealants can be useful for their teeth.
– According to many studies, you can lower your risk for tooth decay by as much as 80% with the application of dental sealant kits.
– Tooth enamel is better protected when under the assistance of dental sealants, which can resist the acids that erode through normal teeth.
– Children can benefit enormously from dental sealants, as they are often at the greatest risk for cavities and tooth decay. Studies done by the CDC have displayed proof that children with sealants are 3 times less likely to develop cavities on protected teeth.
– A single dental sealant can often last over 10 years before it needs to be replaced.
– Sealants are usually clear and allow the natural beauty of teeth to continue to shine through.
If you think your teeth could use a little extra work and you would like to have a professional exam from our team at Pooley Dentistry, simply schedule an appointment with Dr. Steven Pooley and the rest of our team in Loves Park, Illinois, by calling 815-968-5434. We will get you back to smiling once more!